The Customer Service Representative (CSR) assists affiliates with coverage questions, audits, billing issues, status questions, cancellations, reinstatements, quotes, website guidance, commission issues, documentation, rate increases, premium increases and online services. The CSR answers customer inquiries and offers solutions to any customer challenges or concerns. This position reports to the Customer Service Manager and is located in Grass Valley, CA.
- Clearly communicate with callers and provide assistance in a call center environment
- Facilitate endorsement requests, cancellations, reinstatements
Develop working knowledge of carrier websites , coverage(s), billing systems, cancellation and reinstatement procedures and carrier underwriter relationship guidelines
- Review and follow procedures and standards established internally and by carriers
- Resolve affiliate problems and answer inquiries with a sense of urgency
- Promote teamwork and efficiencies within the department by supporting other team members when needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Having a sense of urgency in responding to customer requests
Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Strong analytical skills
Conflict resolution skills
Excellent communication skills
Efficient problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
Ability to prioritize tasks
Possess a positive attitude and a willingness to help
Ability to diffuse an escalated situation with professionalism
Possess a proactive attitude and a desire to be an effective member of the team
Maintain and utilize only professional communication skills both verbal and written
Highly developed interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
Education and Experience:
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Insurance Studies or related field preferred
- 2 - 3 years customer service experience in an agency setting preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; specifically Outlook
Regular Full-time, 40+ hours per week
No travel is expected for this position.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers,
filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required
to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, use hands
to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally
required to stoop or kneel. Vision abilities required by this job include close
vision. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products
and supplies weighing up to 20 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is
usually quiet to moderate.